Mersey Care provide 18 district nursing teams across the City of Liverpool, and also teams across Sefton. They work closely with General Practitioners (GPs) and other health professionals, patients and their carers to improve or maintain health and promote independence, by providing high quality nursing care in the home environment.
What do we do
Our District Nurses work seven days per week, 365 days a year and are accessible 24 hours a day providing care to vulnerable and housebound people within their own home or home environment.
Each GP Practice in Liverpool has an identified District Nursing team.What do District Nursing Teams provide:
- Manage and deliver care to patients with complex health needs
- Support and advice to patients and their carers in relation to their on-going treatment
- Wound management including leg ulcers
- Palliative care for the terminally ill and care of the dying
- Bereavement support
- Health promotion for individuals, carers and communities
- Referral to other services if deemed appropriate e.g. Social service, occupational therapy
District Nursing Services - Nights
This is a continuation of the District Night Nursing Service provided during the day.