Our patient, advice, liason service (PALS) focuses on improving the service to NHS patients.
The service aims to:
- Advise and support patients, their families and carers.
- Listen to your concerns, suggestions or queries.
- Help sort out problems quickly on your behalf.
- Provide information on NHS, Local Authority and voluntary & community services.
- Inform you about how you can get more involved in your own healthcare and the local NHS community
We act independently when handling patient and family concerns, liaising with staff, managers and, where appropriate, relevant organisations to negotiate immediate or prompt solutions. If necessary, we can also refer patients and families to specific local or national-based support agencies.
As a patient, relative or carer sometimes you may need to turn to someone for on-the-spot help, advice and support. This is where the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) comes in.
We provide confidential, on-the-spot advice and support, helping you to sort out any concerns you may have about the care we provide, guiding you through the different services available from the NHS.We welcome service users and carers raising concerns and provide reassurance that no-one will ever be adversely affected because they have ‘complained’.
If you know of any service users who would like to share their experience or provide any feedback about one of our services, they can email our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).